A delectable dessert, perfect for sharing, it is a superb choice to top off a delicious Valentines' Day meal.
For details of our Romantic Breaks please click here
Ingredients for Sea Salt Caramel Base
100g Caster Sugar
20g Glucose Syrup
15g Sea Salt
Ingredients for Parfait
100g egg yolks
120g Caster Sugar
300ml Whipping Cream
60g Sea Salt Caramel Base
Ingredients for Marshmallow
250g Caster Sugar
50g Glucose Syrup
5 Gelatine Leaves
100g Egg White
1 tsp vanilla essence
Method for Sea Salt Caramel Base
1. Dissolve sugar and glucose with a little water, bring to a light caramel. Add butter, cream and water.
2. Remove from the heat, add sea salt, and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
Method for Parfait
1. Whisk egg yolks in machine with whisk to sabayon.
2. Mix sugar with a little water, bring to the boil. Pour into egg yolks while they are being whisked.
3. Warm sea salt base and fold into sabayon.
4. Fold in semi whipped cream and place into moulds.
Method for Marshmallows
1. Bring sugar, glucose and water to 127⁰C.
Add to whisked egg whites.
2. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes. Strain off water and melt in a pan, then add to sugar mixture.
3. Add vanilla essence then spread onto a sheet of parchment paper with sieved icing sugar to prevent sticking.
4. When cool, cut with a hot knife and roll in corn flour.
5. Shake excess flour off before serving.
6. Toast the marshmallows and serve with sea salt caramel parfait.