We are delighted to share with you the recipe for our Cocktail of the Month, Edlerflower Cooler, which is served in our Manor Bar.
Preparation time: 20 min (allow 2 to 4 hours chilling time)
Serves: makes approx 2 liters of cordial
-For the elderflower cordial-
30 heads of elderflower
3 unwaxed lemons
1 kg caster sugar
2 litres water
-For the cocktail-
25 ml spiced rum, per serving
25 ml Bacardi, per serving
25 ml Cointreau, per serving
For the elderflower cordial:
1. Gently rinse the elderflowers then put them in a largebowl. Grate the lemon zest over the flowers then slice the lemons and add themto the bowl.
2. Put the caster sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirringto make sure the sugar dissolves. Once it has come to the boil take off theheat and allow to cool.
3. Pour the sugar syrup over the elderflowers. Cover with a cloth and leave toinfuse in the fridge for 4 hours.
4. Strain the cordial through a muslin cloth and into glass bottles.
5. For the cocktail mix - add the spiced rum, Bacardi and Cointreau with mint and stir / shake
Add 60ml of cocktail mix and 60ml of elder flower cordial into a glass.
Add a couple of ice cubes, a sprig of mint and top up with cold water.
You are here
Perrotts Garden Bistro