Top 10 Family Activities Near Cork
Top 10 Family Activities
View 10 Activities for Families in a larger map
- Fota Wildlife Park: Fota Wildlife park is part of the Zoological Society of Ireland, is located on 100 acres at Fota Island 10km east of Hayfield Manor. It is currently the second largest visitor attraction in Ireland outside of Leinster.
- Fota House & Gardens: Fota House is a fabulous regency style great country house situated in East Cork just off the N25. It has been restored and conserved by the Irish Heritage Trust who are happy to share the magnificent surroundings by way of public guided tours. Visitors can discover fascinating insights into the contrasting lives of the masters of a former time and their servants in the original surroundings that shaped their worlds.
- Rumley's Farm:Rumley's Open Farm is a wonderful day out for all of the family to enjoy in Cork. Visit the working farm, see the exotic animals and pet some of their farm animals.
- Fitzgerald Park: The gardens play host to Cork Museum, Riverview Café, sculptures, a waterlily-bedecked pond, a variety of sculptures and even a skate park. Daly's Bridge, built in 1926, connects Sundays Well Road with these charming formal gardens. This pedestrian bridge is made from timber planks and is known locally as the 'Shakey Bridge' which spans the river Lee, the habitat of many graceful swans.
- Oysterhaven Activity Centre: Described as Ireland's premier watersports and activity cente, Oysterhaven is a water-sport’s haven and is located approximately 35 minutes drive from Hayfield Manor. You will certainly find something here that you will enjoy if you love water!
- Sea Safari: Cork Sea Safari a unique and unforgettable experience with fun and informative Harbour and Dolphin Watching tours from Cork Harbour available, combined with the unique opportunity to experience high adventure and pure exhilaration
- Blackrock Observatory: Blackrock Castle Observatory is a 16th century Castle located 5km from Hayfield Manor, on the banks of the river Lee. Today the Castle is a science centre and is home to Cosmos at the Castle, an award winning interactive astronomy exhibition which highlights recent scientific discoveries and their implications for life in outer space. While at the Castle you can enjoy daily planetarium shows to learn about the wonders of the night sky, send a Message to Space at the Pan Galactic Station and play the The Comet Chaserto save the Earth.
- Cork City Gaol: Step back in time when you visit Cork City Goal which was a former prison but now stands as a historic building and museum that is open to the public. When the prison opened its doors in the 1820’s, anyone who had committed a crime within the city boundaries were housed at City Gaol. Anyone who committed crimes outside of the city boundaries were housed in the County Gaol.
- Toy Soldier Factory: The family owned Toy Soldier Factory has been established in Ireland since 1976. It is situated in the beautiful little village of Kilnamartyra & produces hundreds of different black rubber moulds that allows you, the guest, to make & paint your own figure from a model soldier, fairies, seasonal ornaments, chess sets, animals and other figurines in metal as many times as you wish.
- Zipit at Farran Woods: Zipit, at Farran Woods, is a high wire forest adventure park with a difference. A place for young and old, where children can let their imagination run wild and where adults can embrace their inner child.